We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager based at our Bridgwater site. The role will see the successful candidate deliver Dairy performance by aligning resources to meet defined department KPI's and operational targets. You will also implement, manage and develop operating systems to continuously improve performance and deliver and support delivery of Department and Site OGSM targets.?
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Manage control of all production related costs.
• Develop and implement annual operating plans for production departments.
• Effectively engage production teams at all levels to create and execute improvement plans aligned to KPI's or OGSM targets.
• Ensuring compliance with HS& E systems and ISO standards.
• Ensure compliance to Quality systems and standards.
• Improving Q,S,E, through the progression of MWD roadmaps.
• Progress the Autonomous maintenance roadmap to improve plant performance.
• Embrace and practise company CI systems and tools.
• Manage company payroll system for hourly paid staff.
• Manage compliance to the company HR policies.
• Manage and develop production operating systems (R&R) to achieve daily outputs and support delivery of key objectives.
• Take responsibility for recruitment, training and ongoing development of production teams and individuals.
• Manage performance of Production teams by applying company performance management process effectively.
• Effectively engage production teams through use of reward and recognition practises.
• Identify, train, coach and mentor at least 1 potential successor to the PM's role.
• Act as Values role model and Coach Value’s awareness and application.
• Deputise for Site manager and other managers/champions, particularly out of hours.
• Lead improvement plans for all areas within production.
• Contribute to the creation of the site annual capex plan.
• Embrace, encourage and practise structured problem solving.
• Work together with Production Planning & logistics to develop optimum production plan.
• Execute daily planning schedule and work together with Production Planning to continuously improve plan efficiency.
Key skills & experience:
• HNC/HND in relevant discipline is desirable.
• IOSH is essential.
• Lean / Sigma credentials are essential.
• Recognised Management/Leadership qualification is desirable.
• 5 years front line Management in a FMCG environment.
• Good working knowledge of ISO 14001, Health and Safety, and BRC and PIU standards.
• Good working knowledge of CI principals and tools.
• Budget management and creation.
• Planning, organisation, communication, and influencing skills.
• PC Literate in applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, eHL, Cognos, Domino Doc, ISIS, Movex, CMMS.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk