We are recruiting for our next intake of apprentices across our Muller Milk and Ingredients business. Apprenticeships are one of the best training routes we provide that support the development of technical knowledge and practical experience required in industry.
We are looking for people who have the energy, drive, dedication and commitment to work hard to achieve and want to have a long and successful career in the dairy industry with us. If this sounds familiar we definitely need to hear from you!
Our apprenticeship will provide you with:
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Formal off the job training (including residential study)
- Opportunities to practice new skills in a real work environment
- Mentoring support every step of the way
- Great career development opportunities
- A competitive starting salary of £16,000.00
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with maintenance tasks of plant and equipment, offering opinions and solutions to your teams.
- Assist teams with routine inspections of equipment and tools.
- Supporting the delivery of key Operations/Engineering initiatives.
- Assist in the delivery of Quality Critical PM and HACCP schedules.
- Flexibility to work in all areas of the Engineering/production department.
- Attend meetings, briefings and shift handovers.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to comply with all aspects of Maintenance Best Practice.
- Work within Health and Safety legislation and demonstrate safe working practices.
- Work towards the departments targets to improve downtime, line/factory efficiency and maintenance expenditure.
EDEN (European Dairy Education Network) is a ground breaking education initiative driven by leading businesses in the dairy industry, as well as The National Skills Academy for Food and Drink and Dairy UK to develop the future Dairy Engineers.
Your apprenticeship will be supported by us whilst working in partnership with our Training Providers (Midland Group Training Services (MGTS) and Reaseheath College) to achieve the following apprenticeship standard:
Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship at level 3
- Diploma in Food and Drink Engineering Maintenance at level 3
- Award in Food Safety and HACCP at level 2
- End point assessment of your skills and knowledge
Duration: 4 year programme
Key skills and experience:
- GCSE English, Maths (Higher) and Science at grade C (level 5) or equivalent.
- A desire to learn with great passion for the dairy industry.
- Great attention to detail.
- The ability to analyse problems and suggest improvements/solutions.
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work and studies.
- Able to demonstrate good team working skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Other important information:
- This role will include residential release to complete some elements of your training; therefore applicants must be prepared to live away from home during the residential element at college.
- Successful applicants will need to be flexible to gain the required skills across areas of the business.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
- Shortlisted candidates will need to be available for our selection process:
- Telephone Interview: April/May
- Assessment Centre (location to be confirmed): June/July
- Workplace induction at site: August/September
- Apprenticeship course delivery starts at Reaseheath: September