|| Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Muller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting for 2 x Occupational Health Technicians to complete our newly created in-house surveillance team. The roles will conduct statutory medical tests and screening to enable the business to meet legal compliance and support the Occupational Health Team with health screening to monitor local safety control measures are working. The role will also support Health & Safety in areas where environmental or task processes are changed, to ensure no harm to health.
The roles will be based on a 40 hour per week contract, however will be asked to show flexibility between the hours of 6am and 11pm (accordingly to business need), working on a rotating shift basis of 5 out of 7 days.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Provide a broad level of clinical support to the qualified nursing/medical team, at all times following set procedures, policies and guidelines.
• To assist the Occupational Health team to provide a high standard of customer focused service.
• Play an active role in health promotion activities at Departmental, Directorate and Organisational level.
• Act on own initiative to elicit client care needs in the clinical setting and refer onward as need arises.
• To undertake a wide range of learned skills which will be performed under the direct and indirect supervision of a suitably qualified Occupational Health Nurse. These skills and competencies will be performed according to all relevant internal policies and protocols including relevant external requirements. Some of these skills are listed below:-
Paper screening of Post Placement employment health questionnaires
Measurement of blood pressure, pulse, body mass index
Participation in Health Promotion activities
• To process health questionnaires ready for perusal by the OHN if indicated by relevant internal protocol.
• To participate in health screening procedures and further periodic health checks including height/weight ratio, urinalysis and blood pressure.
• To gain/refresh competency in the use and maintenance of lung function, vision and hearing test equipment and undertake these tests as instructed.
• Ensure the safe handling, labelling and despatch of any specimens.
• To promote a healthy lifestyle in line with Health and Wellbeing strategies.
• To undertake only when competent, any of the above with minimum supervision.
• To identify any gap in competency and agree training needs.
• To be registered with a Professional Regulatory body.
• To take responsibility for the presentation and maintenance of health promotion literature and other materials within the waiting rooms and other identified areas at predetermined and agreed times of the month.
• To assist the clinical team in health at work programmes, health screening initiatives and training sessions.
• To understand departmental recording systems and assist with the confidentiality and security of all personal files when involved with retrieval or return of files.
• To utilise at all times the IT infrastructure for documentation of client activity
• To assist and support the OH clinical team with any element of administration and correspondence as seen necessary.
• To assist with data inputting of clinical work.
Key skills & experience
• Essential: 5+ years’ experience in OHT role
• Desired: Previous paramedic or medic roles/experience
• Desired: OHT Diploma/degree
• Knowledge and practise of: Spirometry, Audiometry, Vision screening, Venepuncture for a wide range of required blood tests, Paper screening of pre-employment health questionnaires and measurement of blood pressure, pulse, body mass index.
• To be conversant with Microsoft Office, Word, database management and Excel as well as specific Occupational Health software packages in order to maintain a clinical recall system and produce performance management information for the OH Service and external contracts.
• Up to date clinical skills & refreshers
• Understanding of health and safety
• Good communicator
• Time management skills
• Professional demeanour
• Desire to be the best and support the development of the OH Service
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk