Müller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Müller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have increased our turnover from its current level of €5bn to €9bn. To achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting in our Operations Department for a Health & Safety Advisor. The successful candidate will develop, implement and support the site OHS plan taking account of the Company's strategy. You will promote a positive H&S culture, providing guidance to the business with legal health and safety compliance and supporting the development and delivery of best class OHS solutions.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• To support the risk assessment & safe systems of work & COSHH process throughout the site.
• To proactively manage the claims handling process.
• To provide technical H&S expertise to ensure legal compliance.
• To audit the business' H&S Management System & provide suitable/practical recommendations for improvement.
• To carry out audits of statutory requirements with key stakeholders to ensure legal compliance.
• To support managers in accident & near miss investigations ensuring completed in a timely manner, to a robust quality & with appropriate actions.
• To review & ensure compliance against Health & Safety Risk Control Standards.
• To provide & improve information, training & guidance on all health and safety matters to all levels within the business.
• To coach colleagues on audits, Risk Assessment & incident investigations to ensure robust quality and timely delivery.
• To develop & implement training to ensure compliance and develop safety culture.
• To support the development of colleagues throughout the business in their specific health & safety roles.
• To challenge & coach all colleagues on unsafe acts, systems & procedures.
• To actively develop, promote & improve the health & safety culture throughout the site(s).
• To develop & maintain good professional cross-functional relationships with internal stakeholders.
• To liaise with external authorities and suppliers as necessary.
• To provide accurate & honest information within the business in order to continually improve health & safety performance.
• To attend cross functional health & safety meetings to support colleagues & communicate H&S matters.
• To positively engage with workforce & peer group on safety matters, providing leadership & insight to develop safety culture.
• To develop & implement Health & Safety plans to support the Health & Safety Manager to deliver the businesses H&S strategy.
• To continually improve & review & improve standards in health, safety & OH & working practices to reduce loss.
• To attend health & safety meetings & actively contribute to share best practice; output into the wider business to drive year on year improvements in accident statistics & risk control measures.
• To actively review & continually improve local H&S policies, standards, procedures and practices.
• To support the creation and development of H&S projects & improvement plans.
• To act as part of cross-functional teams to deliver improvements against KPI's.
• To ensure key health & safety objectives are delivered on time.
• To monitor, analyse & report on accident statistics, KPI's and accident/incident investigations.
• To continually improve processes to drive improvements within Business Health & Safety Benchmark Index.
• To support the development of the sites OGSMA.
Key skills & experience
• NEBOSH Certificate as minimum is essential.
• Member of IOSH (desirable)
• Full driving licence.
• H&S auditing / training qualification (desirable) and/or experience of H&S auditing.
• Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions.
• Professional, assertive and engaging.
• Strong influencing & problem solving skills.
• Ability to provide practical risk control solutions.
• Strong organisational and communication skills; administration skills / report writing / letter writing / data compilation and analysis.
• Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure & prioritise tasks.
• Self-motivated and committed
• Ability to lead and motivate a team.
• Ability to work in a fast-moving department.
• Good time management skills.
• Honest and approachable.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate & work with all levels within the business.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk