|| We are currently recruiting in our Finance team for a Commercial Finance Business Partner-Retail (BU-Unit North).
We are looking for an experienced individual to business partner the Retail Commercial business unit head - Business Unit North, comprising e.g. Morrisons, CoOp, Waitrose, Ocado and Booths. The successful candidate would provide financial analysis, guidance on new and existing business metrics and help the business understand financial performance in order to support the business and achieve our aim to become the biggest and best chilled dairy & Ingredients Company in the UK.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• To have a detailed understanding of the underlying monthly performance of the customers in the relevant part of the retail sector and to investigate variances in customer volumes and profitability on a regular basis.
• To provide input into detailed budget and forecasting process with the Commercial teams in the retail sector, collaborating with the Management Account teams.
• To co-ordinate the monthly reporting and forecasting cycle.
• To be responsible for consolidation of retail financial data from all systems into accurate and relevant information, necessary for the business to make commercial decisions.???
• To challenge and influence the commercial team on customer volume and DB1 assumptions.
• To own the delivery of the account profitability in partnership with the business unit head.
• To co-ordinate costing and pricing exercises for both new and existing business for the relevant customers.
• To provide evaluation and continuous review of customer profitability in the retail sector.
• To provide support for retail tenders to the retail financial controller, ensuring accurate inputs and supporting the commercial team through the process.
• To be the number one contact for the retail commercial team, providing all necessary support and insight to optimise commercial performance.
• To seek to identify improvements in the Forecasting process working with the financial accounting function and also in the commercial review process, including the monthly demand review, weekly volume analysis.
• To have key input into the monthly account surgeries providing insight into customer performance and challenging the commercial team as to how to improve results.
• To work with the commercial team to identify all commercial opportunities and areas for improvement and to support the retail finance controller in order to achieve their targets and improve profitability.
• To run the monthly management accounts process for commercial finance for relevant retail customers - ensuring all adjustments and accruals are timely and appropriate.
• To maintain retail customer contracts ensuring all contractual adjustments are made in a timely manner and that all necessary provisions are made to ensure consistent profitability.
• To provide support to the commercial team providing analysis and insight as a result of customer requests.
Key skills & experience
• Recognised Accountancy qualification or qualified by experience is desirable.
• Proven experience in an FMCG environment is desirable.
• Experience in the dairy industry is desirable.
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills; able to tailor communications to the audience involved.
• Proven experience consolidating data from multiple sources
• Strong Excel and analytical skills.
• Systems knowledge (OFA/Esbase/Movex/AS400, Access, Cognos, SAP).
• Personable team worker.
• Analytical problem solver with attention to detail.
• Methodical and tenacious but adaptable to business needs.
• Able to effectively communicate with many different types of people.
• Capable of demonstrating the company values consistently in their role.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk