|| We are recruiting at the Oxford Depot for a Product Controller. The purpose of the job is to effectively control the supply of dairy products within the Depot and adhering to the Company’s Mandatory Quality Standards (MQS) and Health and Safety policies. The post holder will support the depot in line with company standards and procedures and lead the team of Product Assistants in supporting the effective control of products within the depot.
We are looking for individuals to proactively identify business process improvement opportunities and ensure high levels of customer services are maintained at all times.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• It is the Product Controller’s responsibility to ensure the necessary levels of stock are available to support order requirements for residential sales, including milk&more and/or Food Service customers.
• The Product Controller must lead the team of Product Assistants (as applicable) to facilitate the process of all goods in and out of the Depot. All stock and product items are ordered via the stock management system, therefore experience of using computerized system is key for this role.
• The role can be quite physically demanding as it involves lifting some stock items. Quality is a vital part of the role and the Product Controller must ensure all Company standards are adhered to and that products are available for sale to our customers within the Company guidelines.
• The nature of the role means that the individual has to be flexible in their approach. There is a requirement to ensure our customers (including our internal customers) are treated in line with the Company’s vision and values. The Product Controller is also responsible for covering Doorstep milk and/or Food Service rounds, as required in line with the Depot operation.
• To ensure the necessary level of product stock is available for customer requirements and maintained at all times
• To undertake daily stock checks using the Servery HHT
• To ensure all orders are processed via the Company’s stock control system and any issues are dealt with promptly
• To effectively lead the Product Assistants to allow the flow of goods in and out of the Depot
• To ensure all deliveries from suppliers, and all product stored and distributed comply with MQS procedures and all Food Hygiene regulations
• Ensure the product storage areas, outside environment/yard meet the Company’s cleanliness standards at all times
• Ensure compliance to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
• To maintain correct levels of stock in order to minimise wastage and contain costs to budgeted levels. This is reviewed weekly and in line with company KPIs
Key skills & experience
• Must be familiar with using computerised stock control systems and Microsoft PC Suite
• Must possess strong communication skills
• Experience of leading a team would be advantageous – must be comfortable directing the Product Assistants at the Depot
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills
• Knowledge of lifting and manual handling techniques
• Ability to meet the physical demands of the role
• Sound understanding of stock movements and stock rotation
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Ideally will have a full diving licence appropriate to vehicle type (B or C1 as applicable)
• Fork Lift licence is desirable
• Previous experience of dealing with fresh produce and understanding product code life desirable
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk