|| Part of Muller UK and Ireland Group, Muller Milk & More services over 600,000 customers across the UK; providing a touch of tradition with a fresh milk and grocery doorstep delivery service. We are currently looking for a Health and Safety Support Manager to provide upmost H&S support to Regional Operations Managers, helping us to strive towards improvements to H&S performance and compliance on a National basis.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Ensure key health and safety objectives are delivered on time.
• Monitor, analyse and report on accident statistics, KPI's and accident/incident investigations.
• Support the Milk & More Senior Health & Safety Manager to report on local H&S performance, including audit compliance and recommended countermeasures.
• Support Regional H&S Advisors in the development and implementation of high impact H&S plans to support the strategy and improve standards in health, safety, OH and Occupational Road Risk.
• Support the deployment of national programs, providing training where specified, and ensure that Unit Managers have established and are progressing appropriate plans to deliver the deployment.
• Attend health and safety meetings and actively contribute to share best practice and output into the wider business to drive year on year improvements in accident statistics and risk control measures.
• Identify opportunities for continuous safety improvement within Milk & More and assist the Senior Management Team in their implementation.
• Actively review and continually improve local H&S policies, standards, procedures and practice.
• Undertake H&S Management Audits to prescribed protocols and schedules, maintaining.
• full level of knowledge of the Group H&S Management System Standards and programs to meet Group assurance requirements.
• Monitor and support the coordination of all statutory inspections and maintenance of plant and equipment across the Milk & More estate.
• Develop and maintain Milk & More local standards, tools and templates in accordance with the Muller UK & Ireland Central H&S Management System.
• Support cross checks and self assessments of compliance with Muller UK and Ireland H&S Standards.
• Provide technical H&S expertise to ensure legal compliance across all Milk & More Locations
• Undertake and support serious incident investigations as directed by the Milk & More Senior Health & safety Manager.
• Keep H&S best practice, legal knowledge and professional status up to date - Maintain IOSH.
• Provide updates on all new or amended Health and Safety legislation.
• Provide H&S coaching, advice and support to Regional H&S Advisors, Regional Operations Managers and site Depot Operations Managers.
• Provide and improve information, training and guidance on health and safety compliance matters to operational managers throughout Milk & More.
• Deliver internal H&S Management training.
• Coach colleagues on workplace inspections, risk assessment and incident investigations to ensure robust quality and timely delivery.
• Develop and implement training as required to Operational Managers.
• Challenge and coach all colleagues on unsafe acts, systems and procedures in line with the group Behavioural based safety program.
• Coach and build capability of H&S Advisors.
Key skills & experience:
• Food/FMCG/logistics background essential.
• Ability to achieve good working relationship with colleagues at all levels in the organisation
• Delivers inclusive practical/operational safety approaches
• Ability to challenge and influence management teams in driving safety performance improvement
• Passionate about safety and focused on achieving objectives
• Able to promote a safe working culture and behaviours in others
• Ability to manage significant safety risks and opportunities
• Skills to prepare and deliver H&S-related training sessions
• Professional, assertive and engaging
• Influence others through coherent explanations
• Strong problem solving skills
• Experience of H&S auditing
• Ability to provide practical risk control solutions
• Administration skills / report writing / letter writing / data compilation and analysis
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• Ability to work well as an individual and as part of a team
• Ability to work under pressure & prioritise tasks
• Able to establish and maintain and maintain an effective consultation process with safety representatives
• Full UK travel coverage required - Full driving license
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
• GradIOSH professional membership status
• Full driving license
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk